A 22-year-old man is facing a number of charges, including attempted murder using a firearm, following an incident at a house party in Pictou at the end of October.
Dylan MacNeil will appear in provincial court in Pictou on Nov. 9 on the attempted murder charge, as well as:
- aggravated assault
- break, enter and commit
- assault with a weapon (x2)
- assault causing bodily harm
- uttering a threat to cause death or bodily harm
- possession of a weapon or imitation of a weapon
- careless use of a firearm
- possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- using a firearm in the commission of an offence
- unauthorized possession of a firearm
- possession of a firearm knowing possession is unauthorized
- endangering the life of any person
At approximately 3:11 a.m. on Oct. 31, Pictou District RCMP responded to a shooting on Veterans Drive in Pictou.
The preliminary investigation indicated a 22-year-old man from New Glasgow shot at a woman outside a home where a Halloween party was being held.
The woman was not injured and was able to run into the home, locking the door.
The suspect gained access to the home by smashing a door window. Once inside, police say he stabbed a person before a group of people tackled him.
The suspect sustained serious injuries and police found him in hospital. The stabbing victim sustained non-life-threatening injuries, was treated by Emergency Health Services paramedics and released.